Keizersgracht 18, 6 apartments in a monumental canal house.
The plaque with the word "Bordeaux" already suggests it. The building at Keizersgracht 18 was built for a wine merchant. Wine wholesaler B.A. Ripping & Co. made it his premises in 1886. The building, in an "eclectic" neo-renaissance style, is a design by W. Langhout, who, even at that time, did not shy away from his own development project. The warehouse of the wine trade was located in the basement, the offices were on the first floor. On the upper floors were 4 spacious apartments, with front and back house ("achterhuis") and en-suite living room. Now that wine barrels and office clerks are no longer there on the Keizersgracht, eight luxury apartments have been made in the building. Clever use of the former service staircase made the new layout possible without only minor changes of the monumental building. The atmosphere of the good civil life of the 19th can still be seen on the floors, on the top floor - the former servants' quarters and children's rooms - bright and high living spaces have been created. Two large apartments are located on the first floor and the basement. These have their own garden, which is bounded at the rear by their own garden house.